Gluten free carrot cake muffins with zero refined sugar.
This was such an easy recipe and I have been trying to cut out white sugar from our diet. There are so many ways to sweeten without it, using maple syrup for this recipe was the perfect swap. They taste incredible and you would never know I made the swap. I asked my husband if he could taste anything different about them and he said they are fluffier than my normal recipe, I wonder if the sugar makes them heavier? Either way they are healthy easy, and approved by kids and husbands. That right there is reason enough to make them.
- 1 ½ cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup grade A maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs – at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots ( I used my food processor to grate them, but you can buy them in the bag at the grocery store already to go)
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a pick can be interested and removed clean.
I added raisins to the top of half of them, and left half without. They are so yummy, fluffy, and great with a little butter on top!